2.11.2009

No Picture for this Peep Post

When contemplating parenthood and all that comes with it, I never really thought about issues pertaining to "private parts," gross habits and public embarrassment. A little story for you....

Our friends Lance and Katie are now officially parents to two beautiful little angels, Chloe and Caroline. We went to visit them in the hospital on Sunday night, along with pretty much their entire family. In the midst of basking in the glory of being the center of attention, he lifted up his shirt, pointed to his belly button and said "button." Cute right? He was standing in front of me, so I couldn't see what he was doing with his hands. Next thing I know, he's saying "Peeps! Peeps!" I thought he was still holding his belly button and was going to let the whole thing slide, but no, he was grabbing himself and announcing to everyone that he was holding his peeps (that's what we call it in our house). It took a minute for everyone to catch on, but never fear, they did.

In addition, our new favorite thing to do, probably because it gets my attention, is to walk around with a finger stuck as far up our nostrils as possible. It fits so perfectly, so why the heck not? The joy of things to come....I guess not really "to come." They're already here!