6.04.2010

The New Face of Nap Time

For the past 3 days, this is what has occurred during what is supposed to be nap time for the dude.

*Little man lays down in the midst of 7 blankets and 18 cherished stuffed animal friends, ensuring me that he will take a very good nap for Momma.

*Door closes and his 3 year old lungs start pumping out a variety of tunes, depending on the day. This lasts for 30 minutes.

*The singing concludes and dialogue with his stuffed animals begins - lasts about 20 minutes.

*Dude starts talking to me, quietly, as if I'm in the room with him. The volume of his need for Momma slowly escalates, resulting in a loud shreek that can be heard down at the local Donut shop.

*All the while, I sit outside plugging my ears, pretending that nap time is still the peaceful, serene, beautiful time it used to be.

*I eventually go in, remove all his blankets and stuffed animals as punishment for screaming at Mom.

*The shreeking turns into sobbing that his favorite friends have been confiscated. The world, in his little brain, just might be ending.

*I go back in, return the animals after a brief conversation about being nice and not screaming.

*He is then quite, making Momma think he is sound asleep.

*Below is what is really occurring during those moments of silence.


*Once Mom is done mourning her 3 hours of quality, quiet, and oh so cherished "me" time, I go in and release the non-napping prisoner.

I guess this is the beginning of "quiet time?" Sigh. Very big, self pittying sigh.

0 comments: