3.12.2013

From My Phone to the Blog

My apologies for the 2 week hiatus from blogging.  I've been a lackadaisical camera mom lately.  However, my phone camera has been busy.  What does this Mama take pictures of via her cellular?  Randomness.  A lot of cute randomness.  I thought I'd give ya'll a glimpse of Mile High Vogel life through my Cricket.  

A while back, Dude had to make a snowman creation using 3 paper plates.  This is what he came up with.  On his own mind you.  I helped him glue everything on, but the ideas, cutting and painting were all him.  My little creative genius.  We're slightly into Angry Birds these days.  This weekend's birthday party will be much of the same.

First Saturday of the month = Home Depot family fun.  Dude has 4 pins to document his constructing abilities.
 
This is what Dude does in his down time.  I couldn't draw that.  Not even on a good day.  This one was gifted to his teacher.  Peg leg and all.

Colorado winter walks.  Gotta love that we get balmy days like this to get the clan outta the house.  It does wonders for every one's sanity.

Meet Cathy.  She's the flower/balloon lady at our local grocery store.  The children adore her and come home with free balloons every time we shop.  We happened to run into Cathy at Uncle Brad's high school basketball game last week (he coaches).  Oh the excitement and confusion that Cathy does not indeed live at King Soopers.

 Different day, same outfit for Dude.  Can you tell what his favorite short sleeved shirt is?  He's holding his latest Home Depot creation.  As Tim will tell you, I was in charge of helping with this one, so the wheels are off kilter.  Whatever.  It drives.  

Dude's writing skills are amazing (his wonderful teacher says).  He can sound out any word you give his little brain and write legible paragraphs.  We're pretty proud of the little man.
  
Mom and Dude had a special date day at my work last week.  There was no school and no day care, so there ya go.  As you can see, this was hardly a hardship for the kid.  To say he's doted on at Food Bank would be an understatement.

Come on.  Look at those fountain pig tails.  And that face.  We rejoined our Lifetime Fitness (for the 3rd time) and let the kids play in the big tires.  Granted, you're supposed to move them as a fitness exercise, but it's way more fun to sit in them.


This was my Squirt's reaction (this morning) to being told that, due to her hacking cough, she did not get to go to April's house.  She asked every 20 minutes for the rest of the day....just in case I changed my mind about exposing all the other children to her nastiness.  I didn't.  

Thus concludes phone camera sharing time.  I'll try to be more attentive to my blog stalkers in the coming weeks.  A 6th birthday is coming, as is a visit from Nana, so you're bound to be blog bombarded.    

2 comments:

Cara S. said...

Love the tire pic, so cute! And, nice new look to the blog my friend.

Megan Foreman said...

I love the new pics/look. Gotta keep us coming back;-). I've become the terrible camera phone mother, too. Like what you are capturing, friend. Keep sharing:-)