11.08.2013

My New Happy Place

Organization, especially centered around home design gets me all tingly inside.  Fine, perhaps a bit more than just tingly.  Our casa was totally gutted before we bought it, meaning all was clean, taupe and fresh.  We haven't had the need or desire to do much to it, other than add my tender love and care and a few accent wall colors.  But I can only survive for so long without taking on a decorating challenge.  My dear hubby is ever so patient with this survival need and allowed me the freedom to take on our living room.  It was a fine room.  A squared off fireplace that floated on the back wall, our 80's black leather couch, handed down from Tim's childhood basement.  We made out on the couch a few times back in the day.  Uber comfortable, but 80's none-the-less.  See below for pre-reno.


Over the course of 8 months, we turned our non-used living room into a chic space that is now a family favorite landing spot.  Dude's doing Lego's on the $22 vintage table I picked up in Kansas City, my favorite books reside proudly on the crisp white book case (the fireplace no longer floats), the slightly over-priced arm chairs welcome me each night for my private reading/devotional time, the deep gray, oddly shaped couch provides a cozy kids reading corner, nostalgic b&w photos smile at me from cheapo Ikea frames on the west wall and all our games and books now have a comfortable and accessible home in the bottom cabinets.  Thanks to Anne and Kevin for helping with the paint job - we'll get to the ceiling mishap one of these days.  Ok, probably years.













We had leftover paint, so the half bath was invited to the re haul.  My dadio was in town and painted that tight, obnoxious spot for us.  He's a gem that way.  I acted on a whim and purchased what turned out to be a kick ass addition to the toilet wall.  We had purchased an auction item at a work event of mine and ended up with three new granite vanities out of the deal.  We ditched the taupe top in this mini bath and added a super fly replacement.  What do you think?







Our master bath was gifted with new vanities as well.  We're lovin the fact that we don't have to clean anymore.  The solid black looked real nice but it showed every spec of grossness that bathrooms bring.

I have a new company idea about to take shape, revolving around this general area of passion/obsession. Stay tuned!    

1 comments:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

Beautiful! Love the built in bookshelves & the stenciled wall in the bathroom!