3.07.2016

Girls Trip

My "little" bro, KyKy, is having a baby.  Well, technically he isn't.  Our sassy Becky is doing all the work and because of this, my mom, Kira and I threw her a happy baby shower this past weekend in Chicago.  Squirt and I boarded a plane and made a long girls weekend out of it, which was a first for us.  It was fantastic on all fronts.  The boys did splendidly back home doing boys stuff and Squirt ate up her solo attention with Nana and Papa.  The shower was a lovely way to spoil Becky and baby Kwas - we can't wait to meet this little dude.  I don't suspect any additional Kwas grandmonkeys will enter the family through us or my older brother, so all eyes are now on Kyle and Becky.  No pressure guys.    

 Nana has 3x the amount of toy options as we do in our own home.  Most of them used to belong to me.  Sorry kids, as soon as you're done with a gadget, it's outta here.  Your kids are out of luck.


These two shots are just serving as proof that I was indeed present on this trip.  The top is a display of our happiness that Midway Airport added an actual seating option near our luggage claim area.  Big stuff.  The bottom is my high school home economics teacher,  Mrs. Van Loh.  My fondest memory involving this sweet lady is when she ran me off the road and almost killed me.  We reflect on this incident quite often.















 Oh sweet loves.


We spent Monday downtown in Lincoln Park, hanging with our cousins and Aunt Kira.  Oh how we wish we could do this regularly.  Aunt Kira is tons o fun.





 Grandma V made room in her schedule to join us for an impromptu lunch downtown and a very quick tour of her office overlooking Michigan Avenue.  My old stomping grounds for a year or so of my adult life.  Our visit very appropriately concluded with a video message from crazy Grandpa Marc.   

 Hudson James.


Southwest Airlines cancelled our flight home due to the threat of a snowstorm that never showed up, so we got stuck another day.  Nana didn't quite mind I don't think.  After a solid month of travel and not having one weekend together as a family, we're soaking in this first March weekend being home and together.  Happy March!

0 comments: