1.28.2017

Christmas Highlights

I might have forgotten to blog about Christmas, 2016.  We were home with NO plans.  Just the way we like it.  Nana and Papa came the day after for 10 days, which was lovely.  We all braved a trip to the new Great Wolf Lodge in CO Springs.  We had a blast in the actual water park, but we left a night early.  Let's just leave it at that.

On a side note, I was struck by my lack of enjoyment and peace this holiday season.  It's becoming virtually impossible to focus on Jesus and Kingdom building, so we're going rogue next December. We've already book a Florida condo for Christmas week.  We're not buying gifts and will focus on blessing people we love throughout the year when we find meaningful gifts that speaks to their world. There will be no wrapping paper and packaging vomit all over the house, no expectations to spoil the already spoiled children.  We'll live in bathing suits, watch the sun set, read books, play games, bury each other in the white sand, drink mimosas, and shift our focus to the Christ part.  Rather than spend money on those who need nothing, we'll have time and energy to lay our eyes and hearts on our neighbors who are crying out for attention and basic needs.  That's what Christmas 2017 will look like for us.  Tim took a video of me saying all these desires so we can hold each other accountable.    


 These little plastic creatures with big eyes have become a jackpot for their creator.  I still don't quite get it, but little girls go crazy for Shopkins.  Squirt received her first installment.

  What you're looking at is a "pokeball" exploding, full of plastic Pokemon characters.  I went against everything I believe in regarding adding plastic crap to our house this year, but the joy was worth it. 

This little love made me the best Christmas present to date.  A homemade camera, a book jacket for my grocery lists, a drawing of a moose (my favorite animal), and a pop up Happy New Year card.  LOVE.




 We're all about cozy over here.  This one especially.




 Dude has taken to the study of rocks and minerals, so naturally we bought him a bag of 500 rocks and minerals to study.  And a book to go with it.  

 My handsome man has a goal of obtaining every license known to man.  For 20 years I've had an iron fist about motorcycles.  Not happening.  But one night I must have had too many glasses of Pinot and I purchased him a weekend training class to get his motorcycle license.  Whatever.  We only live once and he's perhaps the safest, most trained driver this side of heaven.  I shocked his pants off.

 He was looking like a midget on his old bike, so we traded up for a "gear bike."  He's already off to the races.

 
 Thank you 15 year old Sophia from our neighborhood for selling your precious doll at an affordable price.  Squirt parents her like she's made of glass.

  MY GIFT.  After 15 years of begging like a small child for a hanging garage ball, I GOT IT.  This small, inexpensive piece of condensed foam tells me exactly where to stop when I pull into our massive garage.  And it brings me joy every. single. day.  I will admit to jumping up and down when Tim unveiled this gift.  Forget diamonds.  

Our one photo from Great Wolf Lodge.  The water park was fantastic.  Dude conquered tons of fears and mastered all the water slides and Squirt hopped on them without reservation.  No fears from that little fire ball.  

0 comments: