6.01.2009

The Awesomest Park on the Planet

We made a discovery last week. I love discoveries. Especially when they're free, provide entertainment for my child and are still enjoyable for the adult age bracket. We took dude's girlyfriend Riley on a play date with our friends Megan and Jackster and BOY did we have fun. The "Choo Choo" park has it all. A $1 train ride around the park, 2 playgrounds, a river that the little tykes and big tykes alike can splash around in, tons of trees and shade to escape the hot Colorado sun, a barn complete with a petting zoo and 2 sets of bathrooms. Riley is just potty trained, so I took note of that last element. There were tons of mom types there with their youngins, but the park is so huge that you'd never know it. My kind of place! See ya again really soon "Choo Choo" park!





One fun little story for ya...A little girl smacked Riley in the face while in line waiting for the train, so naturally I was tending to her and ensuring the mortified mother that she was okay. Next to me I hear the following..."Who's child is this?" Said in a snooty, my children are perfect kind of tone. I look up to find that dude had found his way to the conductor of the train on the opposite side of the fence and was standing in the middle of the tracks trying to give his ticket to the kind man. Dude just wanted on the train and was sick of waiting in line I guess. I scooped him up, lifted him over the tracks and did my very best to keep one eye on each child from that point on. God bless parents of multiples.




0 comments: