7.27.2010

Celebrating Momma K

My parentals wrapped up round #2 of their trek out West. They flew back from Vegas on Friday after a week of maxin and relaxin with Bruce and Barb. Friday just happened to be my Momma's birthday. Not just any birthday. A big birthday. She's not 40 and she's not 70. I'll let you guess from that point. My cousin Melissa is working at a ranch up in the mountains and came down for the weekend to hang with us cool folks. To celebrate the big birthday, us adults went to The Perfect Landing out by a small airport near our hood. It was a heavenly meal friends. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed being served as much as I did that night. We all ordered fish - lobster, crab legs, salmon, fried corn, brussel sprouts, wine...heaven for the taste buds.

Momma K is about as youthful as they come - inwardly and outwardly. Stop blushing Mom. You know it's true. Happy Birthday! We loved having you and Dadio out. Dude can't wait to see your shining faces again, hopefully soon.




I know it's a parking lot, but look at that sky.
Isn't she cute? She just might be single for the right gent!

We took a "medium/low intensity" hike on Saturday morning. Dude did great until he bailed on a bunch of rocks and needed to be carried, bloody ankle and all, the rest of the way back.


0 comments: