7.19.2010

Dudeisms for the Week


We came into the house and Nanna was there. Dude was all excited to go find her, saw a small box in the living room, ran to it, stuck his head in and screamed, "Nanna, are you in dere?" I don't know.


Tim and I got in a road scuffle driving to friends last weekend. Of course, Dude asked what we were talking about and I told him that Daddy yelled at Mommy's driving and was naughty. Tim LOVES it when I do this, by the way. Dude walked into our friends' house and said, "Daddy yelling at Mommy and needs a time OUT right now."


Dude has missed Tot Church for 3 weeks now and was super excited to go yesterday. Up front, as the minister was talking to the kids, you hear a little shreechy voice scream, "And I have a monkey too!" There had been no mention of monkeys. As the minister says a short prayer and "Amen," dude screams out, "Mommy, Aaaaaamen! It's time to go!" The entire church is laughing and looking at us, as they now know that the schreecher is our kid. He stops at our pew and says, "Mom! I going to Tot Church now. Bye!" And he runs down the aisle to the oh so lucky teacher of the day.


We started at a new day care today and I got lost trying to find the street. My memory didn't serve as well as I thought it would. First thing Dude says to his day care provider, "Mommy drove on the wrong street. We were lost to your house." Thanks dude. Good start.


I bought new lamp shades for the basement (too many balls have been thrown at the old very brittle ones). Dude walks downstairs last night and says, "Ohhhhh! Look at dose pretty new lights!" My kid. Observant is his middle name. Nothing gets by him. Not even a lamp shade.


I was eating cottage cheese and Frito's (I know, my taste buds are a little off) and dude said, "Dat's Grandma's cheese?" We were baffled by this one. He continued with much interest in the nature of this cheese and said, "It's cheese for the beach!" Ah...he thought it was cheese to be eaten at Grandma's cottage. Tim would say that it's cheese that should never be eaten, period.

My not so little man dresses himself. From head to toe. He walked in the other day, complete with undies, shorts and a t-shirt. I had to take a moment.

I'll end this post here. I could go on for an hour, but he's my kid, so everything he does and says is funny and worthy of blogging about. I understand that my readers are much more difficult to impress.

1 comments:

Amy DeYoung said...

Thanks for the laughs dude :) My mom and I have enjoyed this read. Miss you and thinking about you today!