5.10.2011

Mama Day



I know Mom's Day is behind us, but I'm still feeling all warm and cozy about it.  These two little people came to us through the grace of God.  And nothing else.  I was chosen to be their Mama.  I was chosen to love them and protect them and guide them and cherish them.  And I do.  With MUCH help from my amazing and charming husband. 

Mom's Day was lovely.  We started off with a cooking and clean up free breakfast at Panera, where I cupped my delectable mug of Chai Tea with a perma-smile.  Little things do it for me.  We loaded up Duder's bike and Squirt's stroller and took a hike around a local park.  Dude played around the river and further mastered his biking skills.  Squirt snoozed and Tim and I got to hold hands.  Yes, that was worthy of noting. 

 
 Dude loved that celebrating Mom meant he got a "Mountain roll with butterflies on it."  I guess pecans look like butterflies in a 4 year old's brain. 

 Squirt's favorite pose.  Up in the air.  Only once has her spit up ended up in my mouth.  Pretty good record. 




 Look at me Grandma V!  Money well spent.  Walks are MUCH more enjoyable (and faster) these days. 




We ended at the park, where the blazing sun forced us to go home and retreat to our non-air conditioned house.  I was then treated to 2 hours of "me" time, which was filled with sangria and guac and a fabulous mama friend named Linsy.  We even sat at the bar and I must admit, we felt pretty cool about it.  One doesn't chose bar seating with two kids in tow.  After the children were tucked in bed (much later than planned unfortunately), Tim cooked up a rockin' steak, stuffed mushroom and sweet corn dinner for his princess wife.  A perfect ending to a perfect day.  Thank you to my hubs for spoiling me to an extreme and to my kids for not pooping on me, puking on me or throwing any major temper tantrums while in my presence.  Bliss.

And a special Mom's Day shout out to our 2 fabulous Mama's.  Wish we could have celebrated with you!  Love, love, love from us, us, us. 



 Dad can ALWAYS make this little pumpkin smile. 

This was Dude's wardrobe choice for much of the day, including his bike helmet. 

0 comments: