5.01.2011

My Little Man n' Me


This weekend was a rare treat. For so many reasons.


#1. Tim was able to get all his "man-ness" out with buddies in Chicago, all while racing our friend Chris's M3 at the Joliet speedway. I can't even begin to describe the utter joy that this type of activity brings to my adventurous husband. He anticipated this trip, saved up money for it and deserved every second of reving, high fiving, carburetor talk, speeding, leaving the toilet seat up and who knows what else. Better left that way.

#2. He took our little Squirt with him to Chicago and left (dumped) her at Nana and Papa's house. In theory, this was a great idea for everyone involved. It just happened that she decided to get a 102 degree fever for 2 of the 3 days (her first sickness). This left me quite sad and feeling helpless. She did offer some smiles and giggles for them, but wasn't our happy go lucky babe. Thanks for taking good care of her Mom and Dad. She couldn't have been in better hands.

#3. These first 2 highlights leave us with the best of all. I got 3 days with my dude. Just the two of us. It was so refreshing and fun and lovely to do puzzles and play games and read books and go to the park and go out to eat and drive in the car and sing songs and go swimming and play soccer and just hang. Just him and me. He ATE it up - in fact, I'm a bit concerned about him having some attachment issues this coming week when he goes back to being second fiddle. I can imagine this is how he feels so much of the time. It was SO evident that Mom time was treasured and the glee that ensued was just what the doctor ordered. We did a little photo shoot tonight to wrap up our Mom n' me weekend. This kid. He is quite somethin'. And I'm so grateful that he's ours.



 



1 comments:

kwas said...

love it
love it
love it

Nanna