5.30.2013

A Little Heart to Heart


Pardon the cheese you're about the read, but my little man tends to melt my heart.  At moments mind you.   The car seems to be the hot spot for darling commentaries.  I pulled the car over last week and jotted down this conversation on the back of my grocery list in fear that I would forget it.

"Buddy, what are you going to miss most about Kindergarten?" 

"Definitely Principal Ryan.  She doesn't have my "l."  And I'll miss my teachers.  They're so special to me.  But you know who I WON'T miss Mom?  God.  Because he is always with me."

"You're right buddy (heart clench).  I'm glad you know that."

"So, God and Jesus help each other to forgive me right Mom?  They both have forgiveness in their hearts when I make bad choices?  I didn't make any bad choices today Mom."

"Absolutely buddy.  They also give us grace, which means when we make bad choices, they still love us and forgive us.  They love us for who we are, no matter what."

"Well, I give blue puppy a lot of grace."  (He's had blue puppy since he was 4 months old).  Mom, will I be able to do somersaults in heaven?  I would like to be 6 when I go to heaven so I can still run and jump and be a fun kid."

"Sounds like a good plan bud.  I think I would like to be 34 so I can still be your Mom."

"Ok.  Mom, why can't I see Jesus but he can see me?  Will I be able to actually see Jesus in heaven?  Will I be able to touch him?  I can't see my angel either but his name is Gabriel and he's the biggest angel in heaven.  He's as tall as from Texas to that state above Massachusetts."  

This conversation kept going on, but this is all I had time to write down.  My little Dude sure does love him some Jesus.  For that, we're so grateful.


0 comments: