5.10.2014

My Random Venture

A couple months back I threw a few of the antique window frame photo pieces I've been creating into the back of the Pilot and brought them to a kind and creative lady who owns a delectable antique shop near our house.  I've been selling these little gems from home for a couple months and wanted to test the waters with the antique market.  She came out to my car, looked at 3 of the finished products and said, "Girl, these are gallery pieces, not antique shop pieces."  She recommended I take them to gallery row in Denver, a stretch of road that houses 68 galleries, and test those pricier waters instead.  I found three ads on Craigslist from galleries, looking for new artists, emailed them photos and they all asked me to come in for "interviews."

Long story short, I chose a brand new gallery to partner with.  The two young women who own Tree of Life Gallery are full of energy, drive, heart, artistic ambition and passion for giving back to their community.  All the art they're featuring focuses on nature.  Many of their artists have suffered traumatic brain injury, which is the cause they're supporting.  The gallery is done beautifully and I'm so proud to be a part of it.  We had our friends and family opening night 2 weeks ago and experienced our first "First Friday," when about 1,200 people roam the streets for this Denver tradition.  It's surreal to see my photos up on the walls, but I'm holding back on too much excitement until they actually start selling.  I'm told art is subjective and not to "expect" anything. Whatever. I still need these suckers to sell.  So we'll see.


 The book on the shelf is where I feature all the photographs people can do custom orders with. 




 Megan and Terrie, the proud owners.






 My favorite of the bunch - the beezneeze.






In addition to the gallery, the lovely ladies who own The Little Black Chair, my very favorite chic, housewares, antiquy, furniture restoration boutique are also featuring my frames.  The first one is hanging for all the world to see!  That makes me happy.  You just never know what direction your life will go when you up and quit your job.  It's been rather fun to see my creative juices unfold in directions I wouldn't have suspected 5 months ago.        


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So very proud of you! This is all wonderful!!
Love how you named the Tiger Lilly Michele! Very sweet! xoxo

Unknown said...

The above comment is really from Maria. :)