4.17.2016

Glorious Easter

We've spent the last couple Easters with our Glassmans.  This year followed that tradition, with the addition of more lovely people we rather adore.  My sweet Lisa, Bill and their 3 growing boys, Lisa's lovable mama Cindy, and our beautiful sister Steph and her friend Mike joined the group this year.  It was a hodgepodge of amazing folk that brought a smile to my heart.  I soak in the chance to design a dining table that will allow guest to feel special and loved and this was no exception.  I salivated over burlap, flower filled sticks, name tags, Easter printables...We cooked a number of pork dishes and the side dishes were more than adequately filled in by our guests.  The snow was starting to melt and we were blessed to sit in the glorious sunshine with Randy's famous (to me) coffee creations in hand.  Cindy blessed us with a poetic prayer, as I knew she would.  She's a biblically grounded woman who amazes me every time she speaks of God's grace.  And that's what Easter speaks to after all.  Grace, community, dining on the body and the blood, and celebrating the reality of life everlasting.  Amen to that.

Leading up to Easter, the kids and I decided to get crafty (doesn't happen often) and make little satchels of Easter love for neighbors and special peeps who need a smile.  They turned out sweet as can be.







Easter Day...We do a color coded Easter Egg Hunt with our four kiddos before the food portion commences.  Little Hayes was able to partake this year.  








 Don't laugh at my puppy.  We needed to near shave him and he's just now coming out of his state of embarrassment.  





    

0 comments: