3.10.2008

My Mohawk n Me & Other Stuff


































For months, we tried so hard to make the few hairs on the Dude's head visible. The tiny little mohawk was the most effective style, so we stuck with it. Now that the Dude has maybe 200 hairs on his 90%, off-the-chart head, the mohawk won't seem to go away. No matter what we do to it, the rocker in him rears it's personality through that little spike on his noggen. It was especially mohawky yesterday, so we did a photo shoot.
























Mile High Dad had the weekend of all weekends in Park City with 9 grown up dudes, celebrating biggest bro's bachelor party/post elopement bash. A monster house was rented, mounds of good eats were had, the slopes were hit - hard, resulting in soreness all over, arcades were played, I'm sure plenty of "wife banter" went back and forth and brother Nick went home a happy man. I'm pretty sure they all went home happy men. My hubby looked forward to this dreamy weekend for months and it definitely didn't disappoint.




My lovely mom (doesn't she look fabulous for being a grandma of 2 grandsons and one grand dog?) came to the Mile High City to stay with the Dude and me, which made the weekend much more enjoyable for me, thus making Mile High Dad's weekend that much more enjoyable. Mom and I watched the Dude progress literally in front of our eyes. He learned how to wave, say "Yeah!," sit on his Tonka Truck and push his way around the house and climb up the flight of stairs (not so happy about the latter). I thought we might get away with being the one family on planet earth to not invest in those plastic contraptions that cause you to fall flat on your face trying to climb over. I can already predict many injuries for this incredibly athletic and ridiculously graceful 5'10" Mile High Mom as a result of trying to maneuver my way over the soon to be gates from he**...Babies R Us.


Nanna turned out to be the first person to date that the Dude passed me right on by to get to. He would look at me, look at Nanna and the decision was very clear. I was chop liver for the weekend. I'm actually okay with that! I find enjoyment in his willingness to cast me aside when something better comes along. It's healthy. He didn't know what hit him today when he was stuck with little ole' me. We miss you already Nanna!







1 comments:

Cara S. said...

Cool new look for the blog! The only thing that isn't coming up is your bio in the orange square. I can see it if I highlight the text, but not sure if that's something you can fix!