8.23.2008

A Real Kick in the Pants

Josh Blue poses with my work clan.

9NEWS' Susie Wargin, me and my bud Kimmy

There's been one day in my life that I can remember my face hurting from excess smiling/laughing. My wedding day. Last night marked #2. Why? Josh Blue, previous winner of the tv show Last Comic Standing, took stage at the Joe Sakic Dinner event for my work. He has cerebral palsy and uses that fact in providing some of the best comedy you'll ever hear. I'm pretty sure most everyone in the room peed their pants just a little bit at some point of his act. It's pretty cool to spend a night fighting hunger with Denver hockey all-star Joe and his wife Debbie, but it's even cooler to laugh like a freakin' hyena for about half hour straight. Everyone needs that luxury from time to time.


Joe Sakic, Kristina (work gal) & Josh Blue

Tim and I had a great night out...there was an auction item with my name all OVER it that we bought...it'll provide 3 dinners out on the town at rockin' steak houses (it's my favorite meal after all...really...I can down a 12 ouncer complete with side dishes in 4 minutes, 28 seconds flat).
The evening raised a bunch of moolah to provide meals to kids who wouldn't otherwise eat on a daily basis, so it's a very good thing. I love the fact that I get to be a part of such an awesome cause and get paid to do what I love to do while I'm at it. Lucky girl am I.

Yes, I had hot high hair. Tim's initial reaction was that I looked really tall. I said, "thanks."

1 comments:

Cara S. said...

I do like the high hair, and will verify (to all other blog readers) that you can absolutely PUMMEL a good steak!