7.14.2009

Happy 3-0 to my Main Man


Today's the day. My "much younger" hubby has finally gone over that first mole hill in life and turned 30. Many have referred to me as somewhat of a "cougar," given my 6 month advance in life. I happen to enjoy a younger man. My Tim is quite the man too. For those of you who don't know him well, I'm going to embarrass his modest self and list 30 of the things I love most about him. Don't worry, I'll keep it clean.

1. His calm, steady way of living life.
2. His patience with my constant, and I mean constant, quirks.
3. The fact that he is the a rockin' dad to our dude. It brings smiles to my face every day.
4. His long eye lashes (sorry, gotta put up with some cheese).
5. His ability to look beyond flaws and let the past be the past.
6. His glass is always half full.
7. The "car" in him -his ability to fix about anything on our vehicles and loves doing so.
8. His design style...it's right in line with mine, which makes life easy.
9. His trust in me. Complete trust.
10. His faith in God. Where would we be without that?
11. His dedication to his career. No matter where he works. He gives it 110% and never complains. Well, he does complain about his hour commute, but who can blame him.
12. His back rubs. This wasn't always true, but hes has plenty of practice.
13. His respect for his mom and women in general. He was certainly raised right.
14. His inability to cook much of anything...most of the time I actually find it quite endearing.
15. The fact that he and I both value time with friends. Girls and guy weekends have become a yearly occurrence and we both love each other for it.
16. His cleanliness. Our house is rarely a mess and he is largely to thank for that.
17. His knack for fixing, building, rigging about anything that needs to be done around the house. He is my handy man.
18. His love for road trips. Oh wait, I really don't like road trips. But give him a car, preferably a stick shift foreign model and an open road and he's a happy camper.
19. His interest in what's happening in the world. The paper is typically read, cover to cover.
20. His fashion style. Always lookin' good.
21. His ability to shower and get out the door in under 6 minutes.
22. His brain. He's one smart dude. Not many people pass the CPA exam on their first try - I've always been very proud of him for that.
23. His laugh. It comes easily and often.
24. His love of kids.
25. His athleticism - skiing, boarding, racquetball, badminton, bean bags (no, not so good at that one), softball...he continues to impress me.
26. He mows a mean lawn.
27. He doesn't eat much spicy food. Whew! We would have a tough time in the kitchen if he was a spicy man.
28. The fact that when I come home from shopping, he doesn't question me. I might just get a "BABE!"
29. His ability to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
30. Only one more....hmmmm...The fact that he's mine. A pretty good package, don't ya think?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE.

1 comments:

Cara S. said...

Happy Birthday Tim!