7.28.2009

2,920 Days as Husband and Wife


It was January 16, 1998. I was getting ready for a date with this guy in my dorm. We were friends and I wasn't sure that a date was the best idea. It might complicate things in our friendship! So, I went to my girlfriend's closet and found the purplest, frumpiest sweater known to man and did my best to look undesirable. That way maybe he wouldn't want to date me. We went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner and talked for hours and hours. We saw Titanic after that and he dropped me off at the dorm. When my girlfriends asked me how it went, I replied, "Well, I'm gonna marry the guy, so I guess it went pretty well." 4 years later, I married the guy.

As that guy (my hubby) stated this morning, "The 7 year itch is a load of crap." Today we celebrate 8 years of lovin life as husband and wife. Marrying Tim was the very best decision I've ever made. Where would I be without his level head, constant support and unconditional love? God has blessed us a whole lot in this life, but our marriage is definitely the most amazing blessing. I love you hot stuff. Thanks for 8 incredibly happy years. I can't imagine what the next 8 will bring.



1 comments:

Amy DeYoung said...

Love this entry! I agree :) 7 year itch is a load of crap. We are on year 7 and it is wonderful!