9.01.2009

My 2 Hardest Work Days of the Year


I love my job. I really do. If I had to choose between paying for daycare and not bringing home any money, I'd probably still work. Gasp! I love my dude too...that much more since I get to come to work 3 days per week. One of my favorite work weekends of the year just took place.

Joe Sakic (Colorado Avalanche, recently retired, hockey superstar) hosts a golf outing and dinner for us each year and I get the pleasure of coming along for the ride. Just need to tell the media who, what, where & when and snap some photos along the way. Some of those photos are below...the celebs that golfed are recognizable names to many folk (I didn't necessarily know what sport they played, but I sure pretended that I did!). Thanks for filling me in mid-day Dad! Saved me from sounding like a complete idiot.



Goose Gossage, my boss Kevo, John Lynch & Joe (Goose was a baseball player & John played for the Broncos Dad tells Me.)




Eddie MacCaffrey, unsuccessfully trying to get out of talking to the media. (He played for the Broncos Dad tells me.)


Friday night was the dinner portion of the event. Tim and I get all dolled up and act like high school lovebirds out for a fancy night on the town. Priceless. Comedian Rocky LaPort performed this year...pee your pants funny. And if you didn't pee, just a little bit, you're funny bone's in need of repair. A fun weekend for all (dude gets to play at day care and with his fav babysitter, Cat, so no complaints from his camp either).


Our event committee with Rocky (far left).


The lovely Susie Wargin of 9NEWS is our emcee for the dinner.

0 comments: