11.17.2009

I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Leading up to Thanksgiving, I wanted to share with all my loyal blog stalkers some things I'm thankful for. I'll start by clarifying that yes, I'm incredibly thankful for family, friends, health, my hubby, my little dude, a roof over my head, food to eat and all the obvious life essentials. I would like to take this opportunity to focus on the little things that add "happy" to my life throughout my daily routine.

Today's thankful moment: As I'm sitting in bumper to bumper to bumper traffic on poorly designed, 2 lane Highway 225 this morning, KBCO decides to play a song that brought "happy" to my mundane commute. As I jam to the lyrics "I can't get no.....satisfaction...cause I try, and I try, and I try and I tryyyyyy. I can't GET NO! SatisFACTION, I think back to a childhood memory that leaves me grinning, ear to ear and break dancing in the driver's seat.

When my little brother (not so little anymore) was 3 or 4 years old, he would haul out our poop brown, Fisher Price record player, put in this particular record and do his toddler version of Michael Jackson's signature break dance moves. His mouth would be in a wide open state, arms up in the air with his little hands pointing down. He would put all his weight on his tiny toes and start moving his chubby little self around in circles. Next he'd hit the deck like a bag of weights and start a move that I can't even begin to describe. Somehow his body would go in a circular motion with his legs moving faster than the speed of light. The record would have to be played again and again, until his energy finally escaped him.

That was my thankful for today. Music and fond memories of things I so wish I had on DVD.




4 comments:

diplofam said...

first of all, I had the same record player and LOVED it. Second, don't you think it is amazing how Rylan looks ALOT like your brother....

Cara S. said...

I was going to comment on how I had that same record player as well. I jammed to the Annie soundtrack, however, dressed in layers of dress up clothes so as to look like an orphan...nice new blog look!

Amy DeYoung said...

Hahaha! Love this :) And LOVE the new blog look! Miss u friend.

boschkp said...

I too thought Rylan looked alot like your brother and then I saw the comment on this blog!!! Life is amazing!!!