11.24.2009

If You Were a Mouse in Our House, You'd Hear....

Dude's in the tub Sunday night. He wants Tim's attention in the next room. "Come on Babe! Babe, where are you? Play with me Babe!" You now know my term of endearment for Tim.

This is new....when dude is in trouble or thinks he might be, this is an example of what transpires....
He's in the basement and I'm upstairs changing out of my work clothes. Said in his loudest possible voice...."Mommy! Come play wif me in basement! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I say, "Mommy is changing her clothes and you need to stop screaming at me. Patience!" Silence for 2 seconds. He screams back, "Mommy, are you so happy?" He figures if I say I'm happy, he's off the hook.

First thing said when I woke him up this morning for day care. "Mommy, I so hungry. Go make ham n cheese tiya (tortilla) pease."

As we pass a McDonald's, I say, "What do you like to eat at McDonald's?" He pauses, thinks and says, "EeIEeeIO Mommy."

Tim and I are talking about something naughty that dude had done earlier in the day. Dude is playing right next to us. He looks up at us, gets a very stern look on his face and yells, "Stop talking Mommy, Daddy!" He then looks back down and continues playing. We both erupt in laughter. Wow are kids smart.

That's all for today. Fun times being a mouse in our house.

0 comments: