11.12.2010

Opening the Dude Vault Yet Again

Gave Dude a box of pink Nerds the other day.  He told everyone he saw that morning that he "loved eating his little pink "nards."  And "would you like to eat my little pink "nards?"  Yeah.  Some day Dude.  Some day you'll understand. 


On Halloween, we went to the grocery store and Dude saw a lady in wings walk in.  He screamed out for "Tinkerbell" the entire visit but couldn't find her again.  Everyone in the store was aware of his quest for Tink.  Finally, I took him to the deli area where there was a heavyset African American woman wearing wings, glitter in her hair and lighting up pumpkin earings.  He said, "Mom.....THERE'S TINKERBELL!!!!!  Can I meet her?"  We went over and he sheepishly said "hi" to Tink.  She melted at my little boy's fascination and gave him a slice of cheese.  Then he said, "Excuse me Tinkerbell, where is your dress?"  As we walked away, he grabbed my face and said, "Mom, Tinkerbell is soooo beautiful right?"  Yes honey.  You sweet little innocent child.  She is so beautiful.  And so are you. 

Dude and Dad were raking leaves this week.  Dude stopped, looked at Dad and said, "Dad, I tink it's time for you to go get my baby sissy."  Little love.  Soon enough. 

Dude was grabbing at his chest yesterday.  When I asked what he was doing, he replied, "I'm squeezing Jesus."  "What do you mean?"  "Jesus lives in my heart Mom.  I'm squeezing him."  I melted.  Cheesy, I know.  But I melted.  Then he started hitting his chest and informed me that he was "hitting Jesus."  I stopped melting. 

We went to Babies R Us to buy a new rocker for the nursery.  Dude found a buzz light year chair that had holes to put your arms through in order to wear it on your back.  There were wings.  And so he "flew" around the store for 45 minutes having the time of his life.  When it was time to leave we told him to put it back because it belonged to the store and we couldn't take it home.  He replied with the following...."No, Mom and Dad.  You just take it to the counter and buy it.  It's $10.  And then I take it home to my house."  Dad and I looked at each other and bowed our heads. 

Dude saw a heavyset woman while out with Dad.  He proceeded to point to her belly and ask her, "Lady, when is YOUR baby coming out?"  Again, yeah.  Luckily for Dad, the woman responded with, "Honey, I just have a chubby belly!"  That you ma'am. Thank you kindly.

More to come as my child graces us with his "kidness."  Oh how I love his "kidness." 

0 comments: