11.05.2010

This Dresser...


Last week, this 300+ pound dresser....fell on top of my little man.  Right on top of him.  I was in my bathroom getting ready and I heard a colossal "thump," followed by screaming.  I ran in there, could not find him and climbed over the dresser until I saw his head poking out the side.  His waist and legs were pinned underneath and he was terrified.  To say the least.  I'm pretty sure I was screaming too and put my body weight underneath the dresser, allowing him just enough room to scoot his legs out from under it.  I picked him up, screaming, stripped him to make sure there were no injuries and held him for 10 minutes until we both calmed down.  Ends up, he had opened all the drawers at the same time and it got top heavy.  Luckily, the drawers are what hit him and the glass from the lamp and frame didn't cut him.  It was a mess, but thank God he was okay. 

We're now talking about mounting all our dressers to the wall to prevent this from happening again.  It's frightening to think about the random accidents that can happen in the comfort of your own home.   

1 comments:

Amy DeYoung said...

Oh so scary!! Glad he is ok :)