6.19.2011

We're Now a 4 Car Family



Anyone who knows us knows that my husband is enamoured with anything that has an engine (provided it's foreign made).  He very carefully chooses the cars that are to be added to our family, he washes them, changes their oil and brakes, tracks their mileage and gas usage etc etc.  Our vehicles are members of our family.  As annoying as this may sound, it's really quite endearing and a trait that I love about my handsome and resourceful husband.

That said, we've now entered a new realm of "carness" over here.  Our friend Matt has a garage full of mini cars for his 5 year old.  He tells Tim of this collection and for months, my car fanatic has been researching the perfect mini car for our little dude.  We started with a kinda bright red Ferrari.  Dude rode in style for a couple weeks, but the speed and size were not quite what Tim had in mind for his little racer.  And so yesterday came the ATV.  The ginormous, yellow, attention grabbing, spectacle of a "mini" car now resides in our back yard (as it's too large for our garage).  I qualify this vehicle as a 4th car and while I was slightly embarrassed at its presence, it brought enormous amounts of joy to both my husband and son in the short 4 hours it has graced our home.  And so I welcome this vehicle to our family.  Tim - no more searching.  We have found "the one" and no further research (or purchases) are necessary.  Please.



0 comments: