12.05.2011

Charlie is Up and Lookin' Fine

We collectively decorated our surprisingly pretty Charlie tree this past week (after we got through the stomach flu, a flat tire and a broken dryer). By collectively, I mean after Squirt was put down to bed. We snapped a few shots of her so she can be included in our photo memories, but she was excluded from the fun. Mainly because we knew she would eat ornamant hooks and choke on tree needles.

We're rather satisfied with the final outcome of our home cut tree. She's a charming little beauty. For nastalgia sake, I captured shots of our 10 year history of ornamants. I love going back to see what each year's ornamant represents. Mostly they represent moving. 

Look at the cheeks on this one.  She has not yet found enjoyment out of terrorizing the tree, to which we are quite grateful and pleasantly surprised.  I guess she figures she can't wrap her mouth around it and so, what's the point?


Our ornamants go back to my toddler years.  I love that my mama made this for me.  There's an angel on the back so as to add to my angel collection.  I have hundreds of angels in a box, waiting for Squirt to inherit some day.

Our very first house...little did we know we'd buy a new house every 2 years from that point on.

A move back to Chicago and then back to Denver took place in-between these two ornamant purchases.

This is the first ornamant we got "from Dude." 

Squirt's Adoption Day in Georgetown warranted the purchase of this moose family of four.
Ta Da!  Here she in, in all her glory. 


0 comments: