12.09.2011

My Hotty Toddy Girlfriends and Their Cookies


Cookies have been exchanged.  And, 6 days later, many of those exchanged cookies have disappeared.  A shocking number, actually.  This is my 8th year of hosting this Christmasy party for my gal pals and I still love, love, love it.  They come in their hot toddy holiday outfits, lookin' fine.  We chat, drink lots of wine, eat tons of salty appetizers and then load up Tupperware full of colorful, home made, tasty morsels of sugar and spice and everything nice.  And our husbands love it.  Just ask um.  Squirt got all dolled up for the party and then left with Dad 10 minutes later.  But come on, doesn't she look smashingly adorable?


 The Jansen/Syers women.  Abby is due any minute now!

 This is Annums.  She and I were a bit on the inseparable side all through high school and really haven't seen each other since.  She and her fam just moved to Denver, which is excellent news.  She brings laughter wherever she goes.


Dude wanted to dig in the second he got home that night, so I carefully told him which cookies were "really spicy" so he'd keep his grubby little paws off my favorites.  Its worked so far, although the Oreo balls are hard to keep away from him.  We did our chocolate dipped pretzels again this year, which ends up being a kid favorite.  Thanks to my darling domestic hubby for staying up late, dipping away. 

 Like I said, they looked smashing.  Sorry to all the single dudes that read my blog.  They're all married.  And no, I doubt there are any single dudes who read my blog.

 Neighborhood Mamas.  They're simply the best.


Hope you're able to get your hands on some delectable eats this month!  Stop on in soon if you want a sampling of the home made goodness my girlfriends have to offer!  Thanks for coming girls.  I do love ya'll oh so much.

0 comments: