3.22.2012

My Wife for the Week


I always joke with my girly friends how wonderful it would be to have a "wife."  This past week I received confirmation that indeed, it IS wonderful to have a wife.  My Texas gal pal, Amy, flew in on Friday and stayed through Tuesday.  She played with my kids, she helped cook, grocery shop, clean, did laundry, folded laundry, straightened up the house, helped make fish cupcakes for Dude's school birthday treat....I was smiling for 5 days straight.  Not that my hubbie isn't treasured and helpful, but a "wife" is just a whole nother realm of humanness. 

The overnight Amy and I took to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs aided in my smile too.  Tim and I have always wanted to head south to experience the luxury of this Colorado hot spot, but don't get the chance to ditch the kids for 24 hours very often, so I was pumped to finally make it down there. 



We stopped at Garden of the Gods for a hike and nature time.  Lovely.  Next was lunch in Manitou Springs at Cliffhouse (we don't often eat at white table clothed tables adorning fresh flowers these days, so that was a lovely addition to our trip).  We ended at The Broadmoor, where I was called "Mrs. Mile High Vogel" approximately 24 times  Not "mommmmmmy."  We lucked out and were double upgraded to a lap of luxury room with a balcony, where we took in a bottle of wine, our complimentary tin of chocolate and nuts and read magazines for 3 hours.  Without moving.  THAT was heaven.    



Amy took the kids to Barnes and Noble and let them pick out a book each, which was super sweet.  Dude got a book all about space (a new passion) and Squirt added to her "Olivia" collection. 


We rounded out Amy's trip with a cupcake assembly session for Dude's daycare birthday treats.  How cute are these fish?  And how cute is the Dude helping make them?  I kinda love the above picture.   




Amy and I took a girls trip to Ikea on our way home from the Springs, where I picked up this rockin art wire.  It's my new favorite item in our house - look at all the masterpieces my little man has created. 

THANKS to Amy for taking time away from your little darlings to spend time with me and mine.  It was a lovely 5 days friend.  Can't wait to do it again.

1 comments:

Amy DeYoung said...

Love you and your family!! Thanks for including me in Rylan's birthday morning festivities too :) So fun!!