7.21.2012

Grandparent Vaca Time

In between cottages, we stopped in to visit my grandparents (my Mom's parents) in Hudsonville and went to an 85th birthday party for Tim's grandma (Mom's mom) just 5 minutes down the road.  It was so great to see family who we rarely get to see.  My grandparents are just the lovliest people and it was awesome to be reminded of that.  My sweet Grandma had a change purse with one of every coin for Dude. Perfect idea.  He still plays with it and counts his money.  She had a handkerchief of hers for Squirt, which I'll keep forever.  My grandpa went into his bedroom and grabbed a big handfull of change that kept "magically" appearing on the floor for Dude to find.  He was the king of finding money in my ears when I was a kid.  Oh how my grandpa made all us grandkids laugh growing up.

Tim's grandma has moved into an assisted living center and has been quite sick, which has been so sad for the family.  We're glad we could celebrate her while we were in town.  I thought she looked beautiful and had me laughing as she told me she was ready for all the people to leave as she's not used to so many small children screaming and running around. 








We stopped at a forest-like rest stop where Dude had hunted for tigers and bears on a previous Michigan trip.  He thought maybe we could find them this time.  We didn't.



 


And they slept.  The end.

0 comments: