10.13.2014

Jazzy Nails & Back Yard Construction

It had been, oh I don't know, 3 months since I hosted a ladies party.  At that point I start physically itching to organize something.  So I did.  A couple weeks ago, a bunch of lovely ladies and their mini me's (in most cases) filled my patio and kitchen to learn about Jamberry Nails.  I heard about this company from my friend, Erin, in Indiana and was intrigued.  She sells them like hotcakes for your hands.  A Jamberry rep referred through a friend came and did sample nails on all of us and 99% of the woman who came were lured into purchasing some fun decor for their hands.  Verdict is still out on the overall opinion of the product, but the party was fun regardless.









A Saturday project was needed last weekend, so Dude and I dreamed up a construction concept for the backyard.  Big Tool Box provided the PVC piping, Daddy's childhood provided the matchbox cars and the side of the house provided the wood and dirt.  We were off and running.  The final product is below.  I must admit, it turned out rather darling.
 

Pipes were cut and buried under dirt and wood chips on a downhill slant.



Rocks leftover from our front yard landscape were added to the hills for the mountain affect.  You can see the end and beginning of the two tubes on either side of the construction vehicle.


Once the cars make it down the two pipes, the drive up ramps to the parking garage.  Beware, hot lava lies below, which is why we provided 3 wooden rafts for safety devices.





Figurines from our basement "box of plastic things" were added as lifeguards, monsters, protectors etc.



Squirt was thrilled with the new play space and spent a good hour creating traffic jams.


0 comments: