4.20.2015

92 Amazing Years

My mom's parents have been married 71 years and recently turned 92 years old.  92 years young is more accurate.  They've been amazingly healthy, memories in tact and still very much in love.  A picture of a Christ centered marriage in every sense of the word.  My grandpa had recently begun losing some memory and his health was inconsistent.  This week his health began declining and he entered the hospital about a week ago.  Unfortunately, his organ function began shutting down and he passed away in Grand Rapids, MI last night.  My mom was able to be there over the past few days and has been with her mom, sisters, and brother through the last days of his life.

I'll head to Michigan on Wednesday to see my throngs of family members (they have 6 children, 17 grandkids and 20 great-grandkids).  It's a beautiful family they've been blessed with and I really look forward to celebrating Grandpa John's simple yet so so powerful life of blessing others with his God-given gifts and sense of humor.  Upon hearing of his passing, my sweet Grandma said to my mom, "Oh John has entered the gates of glory."  Amazing.  Love you Grandpa.  No doubt God is welcoming you with a bold and exuberant "Job Well Done."







 

0 comments: