4.10.2015

Spring Break 2015 Baby

It was a low key week off over here.  I'll be honest that I feared 5 solid days of the kids in each other's presence and then reminded myself that this is what summer will look like.  For 3 months.  It's my adjustment to the world of being home full time.  I'll get there.

To my surprise, we had quite a lovely 5 days.  Lots of low key pj mornings, trips to the gym (where they watch movies and I let off steam), puzzles, trips to the park, play dates, an overnight to Embassy Suites in Loveland with our Glassman friends, hikes and plenty of screen time.  Oh, and we bought a mini van while in Loveland.  Random, I know.

The van story centers around the loaner Honda gave us while they fixed recalls in the Pilot.  The loaner was a souped up mini van and this Mama was enamored with its beauty.  Beauty meaning the distance it provided my children and my dog, the storage, the sliding doors that didn't ding every car unfortunate enough to be parked next to us, the glory of sunlight coming through the roof....it was the car I never knew I desired.  Like a relaxing living room on wheels.  To my surprise and delight, Tim was on board without one word of rebuttal.  If you know Tim, you see the miracle in this.  Tim has coined the mini van a "bus" to make himself feel better about things.  His name is Gus the Bus.  The newest member of our family.

Here are some takes from our week of academic freedom.




Hotel time ends up equaling a whole lotta of pool time.  And not a lot of sleeping.  For anyone.  But this Embassy Suites offers free happy hour and an awesome continental breakfast, which sweetened the deal.  
 
 Who's the man?  Um, Randy apparently.  

 This might be the maddest face I've ever seen from this baby.  I had to document.



 Two minutes following this shot, two snakes were discovered and Dude took that massive stick elsewhere. I was right behind him. 




 We had a lot of Enzo snuggle time.  Be still my heart with this puppy.




 Meet Gus.  He plays movies.  Mini Van Magic.


 Nana knows what to include in packages.  She's rather magical herself.  
    

0 comments: