2.20.2010

Catch Phrases from the Week

Not related to this post, but this is what I saw when I walked down the stairs this morning.
Here are some of my favorite "dudeisms" from the week....

*With a pout on his face, he says, "Mommy, when is Santa Claus comin' to town?"

*As I wrap dude in a pink and white towel at the rec center pool yesterday, neighbor friend Riley says, "Why is Ryan (she doesn't recognize the "l" in his name) in a girl's towel?" 2 seconds later, dude drops the towel, looks at me sternly and says, "I don't WANT a girls towel."

*Tim gave duder dinner last night. As I walk in the door, I ask him what he had for dinner. He replies, "Ahhhh waffles from the astronaut." Mmmm. I know he doesn't get waffles for dinner, so I asked again. I got the same response and he informed me that the waffles were brown. Tim looked at me like I was verbally illiterate for not understanding my child's language. 10 minutes later I gave up and Tim informed me that he ate "falafel from the restaurant." Right. Who wouldn't have understood that one.

*As we pass the liquor store, he says, "Dares the lick store Mommy!" I didn't get it for a couple minutes and then utter inner embarrassment set in. Seriously, my kid knows about the liquor store already? I guess we'll take solo trips there from here on out.

*Potty training is going very well, but we've had to sit on the red bathroom rug for what seems like 40 hours this past week. Today he surprised me and said, "Mommy, don't watch me!" I turned around and he said, "Mommy, go downstairs by Daddy!" I left, he did his business and announced that he was done and ready to do the potty dance. Yes, we still do the potty dance. Every time. It's a beautiful thing when kids start viewing using the facilities as something you want to do privately.

*As we're leaving day care, he turns around and says, "Lesa, tanks for all the yummy milk today!" What can I say. The kid LOVES his milk.

*At dinner last night with friends, dude pulled 3 year old Emma aside and said, "Emma, Ewic got a big red owie at Wylan's house." She didn't seam to care, so he told her, louder this time. Do you think the kid was traumatized by Eric's incident in our basement. I think so. That was over a week ago and he still tells everyone he sees.

*We toured Daddy's office for this first time last week. All this time he has thought Dad works at the zoo. Fortunately, Tim's office has an endless supply of M&M's, which made up for the lack of monkeys and zebras. Every office he passed, he stopped, asked "What's YOUR name?" They would tell him and he would say, "Ok, bye lady!"

0 comments: