3.11.2010

Where My Mommy Go?

One of the traits that make my marriage go round and round in such a happy, ferris wheel like, way is the fact that we encourage each other to leave. Hop aboard a plane, a car, whatever form of transportation necessary, and get the heck out of town for a couple days. And we do. Quite often. Granted, it's easy with one kid. I can't promise this trend will continue once a second is added. I got home yesterday from a trip to San Antonio, visiting my 7 month prego friend Amy. She's my queen of girls weekends as she and her darling hubby share in our "get away" mentality.

Dude and Dad held down the fort, but I must say, dude wasn't so pleased that I ditched him. Dad got some 2, almost 3, year old attitude for the first 24 hours, but dude eventually realized that it was getting him nowhere and wasn't bringing his beloved Mama home. It didn't help that he had a double ear infection brewing. I had the luxury of dealing with that a couple hours after touching my feet to Colorado ground. But we're good. Medicated and good.


Texas was rainy, but we had one nice sunny day, which I thoroughly inhaled. I love taking prego shots, so we shared one of Amy's kick arse cameras and did photo shoots of each other downtown San Antone. We ate on the Riverwalk, walked around and took in the day. I was introduced to Texas BBQ and cheap Mexican eats, watched some good girly movies and got to know little one year old man Jay. Precious little soul. OH...I slept until 8:45 each and every morning. Heaven.


Little man Jay.


Going away is just the best. It makes you appreciate home that much more and makes the boys in your life appreciate YOU that much more:) Tim's turn now. He's off to ski with some college buds for the weekend. We live rough lives. What else can I say.




Prego shot #1 - cool walls huh?
My "Make love to the camera" pose. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Amy's slightly obsessed with Coke, thus this photo.



There were 4 hispanic men watching us like we were off our rockers.


Creativity. Pure creativity.


Aren't these the cutest little chairs?

Soon to be family of 4 (another little man's on the way).

1 comments:

Amy DeYoung said...

Love your post! Yucky on the ear infection though. Glad to hear Lil Man is on the mends. I enjoyed our relaxing time together! Soooo where to next? ;) Love you friend!