10.26.2010

Dude's Weekend

If you asked dude how his weekend was and he was capable of elaborately explaining to you exactly what occurred, he would say something like this.....

"First Mom brought me to a party at school on Friday.  It was a party in honor of me (and Fall) of course.  And she didn't go home.  She stayed.  And I got to eat cheese and cookies and cupcakes.  Which isn't weird, because they always feed me sugary crap at school.  It drives Mom crazy.  All the girls were wearing princess costumes, but mom didn't dress me up, which was lame.  And so I told her I wanted to be a princess.  She said, "no."  Pretty sure we picked up the stomach flu at this awesome party, but we'll touch on that later. 



 That's my teach behind my "picture hands," Ms. Yvetta.  I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy.


On Friday night I was driving Mom and Dad nuts, so we went to eat at Panera Bread.  I tried to be friends with a bunch of high schoolers that Mom said were "loitering" but I guess they didn't hear me squeaking at them.  I kept trying anyway until they left.  Mom said "Good job buddy."  Then we loaded up on groceries that we didn't end up using because of that silly flu bug I told you about.

Saturday was the best day.  Ever.  My Dad and me drove to the airport right when I woke up and guess who was at the baggage place?  My Nanna.  AND my cousin D.  We looked at each other and secretly said "hi."  Then we started running.  And we didn't stop running all weekend long.  We played with my race track for a billion hours.  That kid loves cars!  He dug my ball machine, so I showed him the ropes with that since it's my favorite thing in the world.  He slept on the floor in my sissy's room, but mom said we couldn't sleep together.  So I slept in my big boy bed.  Every time I woke up from my nap and bedtime, D and Nanna were still there.  And it was awesome.  My mom laid on the floor a lot on Sunday and didn't move much because she got a bug.  Maybe a lady bug is what I thought.  But it was a mean lady bug.  Daddy said I couldn't jump on her, but it was okay because D and Nanna are super fun.  We went to the park and church and then pretty much didn't leave the house the rest of the weekend since Mom was laying on the floor and then I puked.  But I didn't feel bad and it didn't slow me down. 





D is my super duper cousin buddy.  And I wish that he lived at my house because we didn't even fight.  And we shared toys and ate food together and tackled each other and ran around the island and ate cookies and drank our milk and made paintings and played outside and read books with Nanna and made puzzles.  Whewwww.  We took crazy long naps this weekend.  And then Nanna didn't feel so good on Monday morning, but she didn't lay on the floor like Mom did.  Because Mom is a bit of a wuss and Nanna is pretty tough.  Mom says she's her dad's daughter when it comes to self pity.  D and I played all day long and then after my nap he left in the car with Nanna and Mom.  Only Mom came back home.  And that makes me real sad.  I sure did have a rockin weekend.  Come back soon Nanna and D!  Mom and Dad just aren't able to provide the entertainment that you guys offered." 







D and I thought it was hilarious to put our food up our noses.  And then we ate it.  I think Mom thought it was gross, but she was laughing a lot and didn't make us stop.   



"Oh yeah, Mom and Nanna went to a shower on Saturday, but I don't really know what that means.  It didn't rain at my house.  But she'll do another blog thing about that soon because she came home with tons of pink stuff and made a big happy fuss." 

1 comments:

kwas said...

It was tooo much fun - watching those boys together, and celebrating at the shower with such an amazing group of women.
A weekend of blessings.