10.26.2010

Showered


As Dude promised in the prior post, I'm here to tell you all about my lovely and wonderful and love filled shower.  No sarcasm in this post friends.  It was a morning of joy and that's really all there is to it.  I was surrounded by some of the best women I know on Saturday morning.  Even my beautiful mama joined us after arriving to town an hour before the shower started.  And they were all there to celebrate this little bundle that we hope and pray is with us soon. 

It hasn't seemed real lately since we haven't had any contact with Brook, but that's where the hope comes in.  The hope keeps us connected to baby girl when there's nothing tangible reminding us of her closeness to us.  This shower definitely helped too.  My dear friend Cara hosted 16 lovely ladies, cooked, cleaned, organized, compiled games that didn't involve eating or smelling baby food or mimicking poop (thank you Cara), and made me feel incredibly blessed and spoiled.  Many of my girlfriends brought brunchy food, which made for a rather delectable spread.  I opened more gifts than you can imagine (my registry is pretty much wiped out at this point), chatted and drank mimosas.  The joy of adoption.  You can drink friends.  And not be afraid of what it's doing to the baby.  And best of all, there's no talk of vaginas, stitches, contractions, pooping yourself, epidurals...none of that applied to this baby shower.  Love it.

Our bambino's closet is now ridunculously full of love.  Overflowing.  As was my heart that morning.  Thank you friends for being a part of my day and a part of my "expecting."  We can't wait to share this teeny one with all of our friends and family.  









        

3 comments:

Cara S. said...

Happy to be able to "shower" you with all things girl. We can't wait to meet little "squirt", and I'm glad that you felt spoiled!

boschkp said...

Sorry I missed it. Glad you had a special day. You deserve it.

Amy DeYoung said...

So glad you had such a great shower!! I wish I could have been there. I guess I'll have to wait until the New Year to shower you and baby :)