10.31.2010

He Hangs


 Yesterday was....perfection.  For oh so many reasons.  Where do I start?  I'll get to the hanging part later.

*We woke up at 8:00am.  Thank you dude.   
*I got ready upstairs and came down to a mopped kitchen floor.  Thank you babe.
*Dude was giddy with glee all morning for Riley's birthday party.
*It was a drop off party.  Thank you Maria and Tim.
*My manly love and I went on a 2 mile walk through a nature preserve near our house.  We talked about baby names, dudisms, life before kids...we just don't get to do that very often.  No one grabbed my pant leg insisting that I carry them or sat their butt down, refusing to go further.  And the colors and views were magnificent. 
*We then went to Sams Club.  I heart Sams, but the fact that we bought some $10 delectable cheese is really what got me all tingly inside.
*The yellow crisp leaves fell like rain.  All day long.  And they crunched under our feet.  We didn't rake.  We just enjoyed. 
*Dude played in said yellow crisp leaves with us until nap time and enjoyed every second of it.
*The mountains were perfectly snow capped, but we basked in 77 degree sunshine all day. 
*I went to my favorite girly spot, downtown Littleton and looked through the antique shops for nursery decor.  Loved it.  It was also Trick or Treat day - cuties in costumes everywhere, which did not annoy me.  Nothing could shake my happy.
*Maria brought over a piece of Oreo pudding heaven in a bowl.  It was meant for dude, but he was sleeping. You snooze you lose.  



*We met friends for dinner at our fave, Firebowl and then galavanted at the indoor karting track with the Spoelhofs and Tebbens until bedtime.
*FINALLY, the highlight of the day.......are you ready for this?  My kid learned how to hang.  That's right.  He can now hold on to a bar with his own two hands, dangle himself in the air and not fall on his face after 0.3 seconds.  He hangs.  I realize that he's 3.5 years old and most 2 year olds have mastered this trick.  Thus why we're really pumped about that accomplishment.  And that, my friends, is another item I can check off my summer "to-do list." 


 The end.

1 comments:

Cara S. said...

Sounds like an old Ricky Martin song...oh wait, that's She Bangs :) Nice work on the hanging buddy.