3.21.2011

Backtrack to Nana Time

The birthday blog is to come.  After I find time to download and edit 100 photos and 20 minutes of video.  I'll summarize first by saying that my 4 year old Dude had an awesome day, filled with balloons, sweet treats, all the friends one could ever ask for and a serious nap.  More to come.

Backing up to our time with Nana....we had the BEST 3 days.  Nana just has a way with my kids that I can't quite put into words.  She knows how to get them to smile, behave, and brings out their inner genius.  Dude can not get enough of his Nana.  And Squirt now is joining in the Nana loving ranks.  The two of them bonded for sure.  We went to the zoo, we went to the park, we played puzzles, we read books, we opened early b-day presents, we laid on the floor and cooed...it was heaven.  We're still coming down, almost a week later, from this Nana trip.  In fact, when Dude let one of his balloons go "far into the clouds" yesterday, his wish was for his Nana to come for his birfday.  Now we get to look forward to Grandma V coming and sharing her Grandma love with us all. 

 Look.at.those.cheeks.

 Lots of cooing with Nana.

 Presents from Nana and Papa are always inventive and super fun.  This remote car does flips and turns and creates giggles galore.

 Present #2 is a rockin marble machine.  Nana knows what Dude loves.

 The zoo.  Oh the fun for Nana and Dude.  Squirt slept through it all.

 We treated Nana to Good Times custard.  The best in town.

 Look at me friends!  I try to sit up by myself now, so Mom and Dad figured I was ready for this plastic, purple seat.  And I was!

Oh how Squirt loves life.  Smiles are so easy to come by these days. 

0 comments: