8.13.2011

A Fly on the Wall



During my recent date to Yogurtland (our FAVE) with Dude, the kid had my laughing the entire one hour period of time that I spent solely with him.  The poor fella doesn't get my undivided attention very often, so this was a real treat.  For both of us.  If you were a fly on the wall you would have heard choice phrases like those listed below....

"Mom, you don't stand up to pee like me.  Because your peeps goes into your body like an inside peeps right?"

I turned our car and I said something like, "Mommy didn't do a very straight turn" and Dude says, "Mooooom, Bad Turns Count Too!"  He gets this from the swing at daycare...they intentionally try to have a bad turn so they can keep going, so this rule had to be instilled. 

While we were driving there was a huge rainbow to our left and the sun was shining to our right.  He says, "Mom, can we please drive to dat rainbow?"  I turned the other way and he starts cheering, "Yeah for da sun!  Tank you God for the sunshine on our Mommy date!"  The sweet moments - thank goodness for the sweet moments.

A worker was mopping the floor at Yogurtland.  Dude walks up to him, very casually, observes for a minute and says, "Scuse me mister.  You missed a big HUGE spot right dere."  He was right.  The scraper was needed.  I apologized for my son's forwardness and the worker says, "It's okay.  Sometimes I think kids would be better employees than adults are." 

We stopped in at Starbucks on our way home.  A family was eating a huge cake at the table next to us.  They asked Dude if he would like some and he says, "Um, we have lots of yummy treats in dis bag (the yogurt) and dat's enough treats for me for da day."  The family was quite impressed, as was I.  

That's all I can remember.  Oh how I love my little big man.

0 comments: