10.08.2011

The Mind of a 4.5 Year Old

Dude spotted a tow truck on the highway... I say, "What does a tow truck do?"  "Dat's a easy one Mom.  It tows stuff."  "What does it tow?"  "Um..it tows toys and stuff."  "Where does it take the toys?"  "It takes dem to a kids house dat doesn't have any toys." 

It snowed about an inch this morning and Dude went to sit in our window to watch.  It was like he had never seen snow.  I knew this was dangerous to show him the white stuff.  Sure enough..."Mom!  Dad!  Let's go tell Rea Rea dat it's Christmas time now!  Let's go make snow angels!  Let's go frow snow balls!  Let's make a snow man!  Yeah for Christmas time!"  He's outside as I type this, throwing snow ball at every window in the house. 

We're having a Mom, son date with another mom and daughter combo today to the circus.  This has been a long awaited event, so he tells everyone he sees about it.  Yesterday, at Starbucks, he tells two older gentlemen that we're going to da circus.  They ask, "What will you see there?"  He says, "Well, da monster trucks and da elephants are gonna race REAL fast."  The last show he saw was the Monster Trucks, so naturally these two events will be combined.  The gentlemen said, "Now THAT event would definitely sell out!"
 ....he just walked in the house and said, "Look!  My circus pants got all snowy Mom!  Isn't that hilarious?  Am I gonna need my head plugs for the loud?"

His new response to getting scolded is, "Awwww Mom.  You're da best Mom in da whooooole world!"  He follows that with a very delibarate thumbs up. 

After work one day last week he walks up the stairs, looks at me and says, "SOOOOOO Mom. How was your day at work today?"  I knelt down, clutching my chest and said, "It was good buddy, thanks for asking."  He said, "You're welcome Mom.  I had a grrrreat day too."   

0 comments: