1.07.2012

Chi-Town, Installment #1

I'm always a nervous jumble come time to load up on an airplane with kids in tow.  As was the case over New Years when we headed to Chicago to do late Christmas with both our fams.  I worry about the flight, delays, screaming, puking or blowing out poop everywhere en route.  But I'm happy to report that this trip was flawless.  All around.  We got there with ease, the kids were happy little campers, we all stayed healthy, we played hard and giggled a whole lot.  Nana and Papa make it quite simple to come to town, so we thank them for making our time so enjoyable.  This Mama especially thanks them.

There are a ton of pics, I know.  But I can't leave out a morsel of memorable cuteness from my dude and dudette, so skip over the boring ones. 

 Papa's gym (my high school almamater) is one of our favorite spots to play.  You can see why.

 My dad would probably let me crawl around on the floor when I was a baby....so I love this shot.



 Doesn't my mom look so beautiful here?  Can you believe she's over 50?  Just by a smidge.


 Is my name one of the ones featured on the back wall?  Well, no.  But they're considering me for their next track all star plaque.  No they're not. 

New Year's Eve day was spent with my entire family, at Nana and Papa's house.  Kyle and Becky just moved to GR, Michigan and drove in to spend the day with us.  And Ross, Kira and the boys drove out from downtown.  It was a rather perfect day.  The cousins played, played, played and the adults actually got the chance to speak to each other.  And my parents outdid themselves with the food.  Oh, the food.  It was a highlight of the trip. 

 Babies LOVE this spot at Nana and Papa's house...check out Dude and Dylan below a few years back.




 If you know my brother, Ross, this photo is almost scary.  Clones.


 Ky and Becky have given all the kids Build A Bears.  Squirt fell in love with hers and couldn't stop wrestling it.


 It was a Christmas of movies for Dude.  Add Cars 1 and 2 to the Vogel library.

 And it was the year of the iPad.  We're now proud(ish) owners of our very own. 


 Oh that little toosh.  The rolls are slowly decreasing on those chub legs:(





So concludes the Kwas family day.  We managed to stay up until 11:30 for new years eve, which was more than fine with me.  We're party people...what can I say?  I'll do installment #2 of Tim's family day and more Chicago related fun soon. 

0 comments: