1.29.2012

January Vault


The latest from our little character. He's a piece of adorable and exasperating work in more ways than I can even count.


"Mom, how did Jesus walk on dat water?" "Well buddy, Jesus did lots of miracles that we can't do. We can't walk on water, right?" "No Mom......pausing to think......I just swim in da water. Soooooo, I take swimming lessons and Jesus taked walking lessons?"

A worker at Starbucks offers me a sample "Skinny Iced Mocha." Dude looks at him and says, "Mister, where is da kids skinny mochas? You know, da one with apple juice and milk!"

I "kindly" tell Dude to "stop it" while at the grocery store. He looks up at me and says, "MOM! You're my best friend and so you're supposed to be NICE to me!" Gulp. A few minutes later he says, "MOM! I was talking to you! Are your ears OPEN?" Mmmm...wonder where he got that question from. I didn't like it so much on the flip.

We talked to my extended fam on the iPad today. After Dude saw Gigi (my Gram), he says, "Mom, Grandma Jerry did. And so dat means Gigi is all alone?" I said, "Yes, bud, she is alone in her house now." he says, "Well, it's okay because she doesn't have to worry about da monsters because she's a grown up."

Grandpa V was here this weekend and talked to Dude about Grandma Di being sick and that's why she lost her hair. After his prayers tonight he says, "Dad, when is Grandma Di going to have her hair growed back?" Tim said, "In a few months it'll start to grow back bud." "Well, Dad, I fink if I go to sleep at HER house it will help her hair to grow back. I should go dere." Oh my empathetic little love.

Tim was "browning" steak for a recipe (sprinkling salt and pepper and pounding on it with a spoon.) He hadn't done this before, so I was teasing him for being so forceful with our steak friend and said, "Babe, you don't need to KILL the steak." The next day I told Dude he was going to have steak and veggies for lunch and he says, "Oh...is dat the steak dat Daddy killed?" His little ears. Always listening.

I told Dude I would lay on the beanbag on his floor after we turned the lights out for a couple minutes. He said, "Guys, do you know what a couple minutes means?" "What bud?" "It means until MORNING time."


There's so much more "Dude" to share, but that's enough for today.  His little brain is quite the machine.  It's always working over time, even when we think he resides on another planet.    

0 comments: