9.06.2012

Down Home Wednesday

Wednesdays are the one day I have both kids at home this year.  The weather is finally starting to chill out a little bit, allowing us to do an outdoor activity without sweating buckets and producing a very crabby Mommy.  I don't handle heat very well.  Or extreme cold.  There's a historic museum/farm close to our house that's not only awesome to roam around, but also FREE.  So we loaded up at 8:30am and spent a couple hours farmin' it.  Dude didn't stop laughing and running the entire time and Squirt followed him wherever he went. 
 

 Dude will tell you there were 3 cows.  2 chomping and one laying in the pokey grass.


 I love the charm of all things rustic.  Especially through the lens of a camera. 




 Squirt kept saying "UH OH" and I then realized that Tiger the cat was eating the head off a dead mouse he had just pounced on.  Dude and Squirt thought this was mesmerizing.  I barfed in my mouth a little bit.



 Dude was our teacher for 20 minutes while we hung out in the old school house.  Thought he was quite something. 






These old farmy pics needed an antiqued look.  There ya have it.  My farming duo.  I really do think we'd be a very happy farming family.  As long as there was a Target and White House Black Market within 10 minutes of said farm. 

These shots I thought better viewed in living color....




0 comments: