8.23.2013

Images from Dude's Big Day



You'll see below what a blessing it is having my friend Amy around.  I couldn't have asked for a cooler gift to commemorate Dude's first day of 1st grade.  This week...so far so good!  We moved on from doing cartwheels alone at recess to playing Star Wars with other boys, so that makes my heart happy.  We're getting in the swing and we're keeping our week nights simple to help with the adjustment.  We're proud of our little man for rolling in typical Dude fashion.






I like to think that we'll do these lovey-dovey mother son shots every year on the first day of school.  I know. We won't.  But I'll pretend for now.  







Amy and I were holding Dude's hands at the bus stop and he pointed out our awesome shadow.  Of course Amy managed to capture the awesomeness.  



Not sure what I'm doing here, but it looks like I'm having major reservations about letting him go.  Perhaps I did.  

This was his reaction to seeing us waiting for the bus at school.  



And there's this.  Some day he'll love me for posting it.  Our hope is that 1st grade will be about growth in all areas, including putting our finger up our nose.  Although, I did witness a little girl in his class doing some major digging and eating, so that calmed my nerves.  And grossed me out.  At least we're past the eating part - most of the time.



  This is the final goodbye blowing Mom and Amy a kiss.  Which is what induced my teary eyes.  

1 comments:

Cara S. said...

Way to go Rylan! We hope you have had a great start to first grade!