12.19.2013

Magic Buttons for my Magic Boy

Last night's car ride went a little something like this...

"Mom, I have 1,000 magic buttons.  Did you know that?"
"Yes buddy.  I do know that.  Which is your favorite?"
"Well, definitely my love button.  Because it's just full of love and it doesn't hurt anyone.  No one dies from it and they just are happy from my love."
Heart clench.
"My second favorite is my leaf button because I am food for the bugs.  I don't like to touch the bugs but they can eat me instead."
Chuckle.
"I also really love my gummy worm button because it's SOOOOOO yummy.  But it does have sugar."
"Do you have any buttons you don't like?"
"Well, I would have to say my sun button.  If people look at me with my sun magic I can burn their pupils and that's not so good.  But bad guys can be blind from my magic.  That's the way God made me, so I can't change it."
Heart clench and chuckle.
"OOOH!  I have another favorite.  I love my magic building button because I can build houses for people who don't have houses!  That's awesome, right Mom?"
"Yes buddy.  That is incredibly awesome. Your heart and brain are so big and I love you for that."
"You are so lucky that I have a HUGE and awesome brain Mom."

 Yes sir.  You are one ball of awesome my little Dude.

0 comments: