12.01.2013

My Tubac

My time in Tubac at The Haven Writing Retreat was life changing for my future as a writer.  It consisted of 5 emotion packed days I've decided to hold private in my normally exposed heart.  But I'd be remiss to not introduce you to the people who were an integral part of that experience.  They were a part of my Tubac and for that, I'll continue to hold them dear.  Thanks all you lovelies, for joining me on the beginning of my new normal.  

 Joanne.  A living history book.

 Jacquelyn.  Angel of words.

 Jan.  A writer all along.

 Byron.  Our comedic relief and man of generous wisdom.

Priscilla.  Woman of steel and grace.

 Laura.  Our mentor, leader, listener, council, core, inspiration and genuine lover of the written word.

 Roberta.  Quietly brilliant and subtly hilarious.

 My Amy.  Brave and sure.  

David.  Our happy place.  Our giver. 

 The Tubac Chapel.  The beginning and the ending place of our journey.  






 The Tack Room, our private dining place.  The room that fed our souls, quite literally. 

 The walls of this beautiful space kept our writing truths private and safe.  And the patio overflowed with wine and cheese every night.  


Sharing Tubac with my Amy was an experience we couldn't have dreamed up.  I kinda love this girl.

Write on friends.    


0 comments: