12.30.2014

Ugly Sweater Party...ish

I worked hard at arranging the ugliest Christmas clothing ensemble I could for our little family of four this year.  We were headed to a party for the members of our summer pool community and it said "Ugly Sweater Optional."  Who wouldn't join in THAT fun?  After borrowing significantly ugly items for a number of neighborhood sources, we were ready to party.  And we were lookin' ugly. Tim's sweatshirt was radiating colorful Christmas lights, I wore red feathers atop my 100% cotton turtleneck and one-of-a-kind bell adorned boot socks, Squirt was sporting a terrific red snowman sweatshirt with red pants, and Dude had on a questionable winter t-shirt.  We walked in to a group of fashionable, attractive and NOT at all ugly party goers. Awesome.  As 20 additional normally dressed guests arrived, we hid further and further into the corners and continued to fill our glasses with adult beverages.

FINALLY, when we began talking about departing for the night, another appropriately ugly couple arrived.  We cheered out loud and greeted them with Christmas blessings.  Given our enthusiasm, Squirt asked if the man in the ugly sweater was Santa.  See below.  He was not, but Santa did arrive soon after.


 This hunk o burnin' love belongs to me ladies.  And yes, Happiness IS indeed a furry friend.


 This is the face we get from our little questioner of all Santas.  She did buy into this one.

 Dude does not question Santas.  They could be 100 pounds with a black beard and I don't think his trust would waiver.  

 
Mile High Us, at our finest friends.  I hope you had an occasion to don an ugly Christmas outfit this year.  And I hope you weren't alone in your festivities.  

1 comments:

Trish said...

Gwen--I'm starting to think that you were pretty upset about the lack of ugly attire at Cookies and Cocoa. I guess there should have been an aware for worst dressed! Thanks for coming, it would have been much less festive if you hadn't :)