4.08.2010

Dudeisms for the week


At church - an elderly woman is drinking her coffee and most of it is ending up on her coat and down her chin. Dude is staring at her and shouts, "Lady, why are you dripping out your mouth? Mommy, look at the lady dripping!" Luckily, I don't think her hearing was very good and just kept patting him on the head.

Dude's trying to drive a car around the kitchen and is getting frustrated that it's not obeying his commands. He says, under his breath, "Car, you're driving me NUTS!" Mmmmm...maybe I should NOT say that to my son anymore. Funny how you don't realize these things until they come out of your child's innocent mouth. Bad Mommy.

His latest response when we ask him to do things is, "Sure thing" or "Sure I can."

Tim was laying on the couch and dude wanted him to play. So he says, "Get off da couch lazy pants!" Probably doesn't help that I laughed my hynie off, only encouraging this disrespectful behavior.

Tim came home from a long day of skiing a couple weeks back, looking a bit disheveled. Ok, a lot disheveled. Dude says, "Hi Daddy" and stops in his tracks when he get a glance at his typically very handsome and put together daddy. Then he says, "Daddy, why your hair SO greasy? Take a shower and fix your hair Daddy."

Every morning since my parents left...."Mommy, go open Nanna, Pappa's door. Say Saprise! Wylan's here!" And then I cry. Thanks dude.
About 37 times per day, we hear this: "Mom, Dad, watch dis!" He might be trying to do a somersault, scrunching his little nose or just standing there, thinking about what he could do to "wow" us.

I threw these in here because Bradster and duder were super cute in their matching shirts the other day. They got quite a kick out of it too.

1 comments:

Cara S. said...

Thanks for babysitting the other night!