9.02.2014

She's Off



If there is anything in this world that my darling daughter has been pining for, it's the beginning of Preschool. She gets this little smirk on her face every time we bring it up and informs all those around her about the upcoming excitement with Miss Claire.  She's ready baby.  So ready.

Today was the day.  We sent brother off on the bus and tried to keep busy for the 1.25 hours before it was her time to depart.  We took pictures, in Vogel driveway style, put on her favorite sparkly pink shoes, crafted a side braid (my personal favorite) and headed out the door, gray and pink butterfly backpack in place.  I firmly believe a portion of the preschool excitement is due to the backpack.  We hung out with the masses of parents doing and feeling the exact same thing as us, snapped some shots with our new kindred spirit (like that Anne of Green Gables reference?), Molly, and entered her new world.  She insisted on putting her lunch, snack, water bottle, and backpack in their designated places herself, walked right over to wash her hands herself and allowed me to sit with her for 4 minutes while she painted her paper.  I was happy to see a bit of resignation and fear in her eyes as I walked toward the door, but she resigned to sending a boat load of kisses my way as I hesitantly walked out the classroom door.  I might have peeked around the corner for one more, but she was already busy with preschool business.  She's good and that feels good.









Molly and Squirt have become attached at the hip through our pool community this summer.  There couldn't possibly be a more darling or spirited duo than these two monkeys.  They happen to be going to the same preschool on the same days.  Squirt will also be spending one day per week at Molly's house for babysitting. Could life be any better?


 They opened the doors.....
 Delicious.



 I chose Squirt's schedule based on making sure she was placed in one of these sun shiny rooms.  It's so happy and that makes this Mama feel happy.  


My littlest love is in school.  Sigh.  I vow to eat her up every moment I can while I can still hold her in the crook of my arm.  


0 comments: