10.28.2009

Chailuah & Rock Stars




I'm sitting in the basement, wrapped up in a cozy red blanket and drinking a chailuah (my signature chai tea, Kahlua mix that our pal Eric so kindly named for me). Yes, a shot of Kahlua on a Wednesday afternoon. A random October day with over 7 inches of snow on the ground with 7 more to come makes today a Chailuah kind of day.

Yesterday was a Red Bull kind of day. I was surrounded by lights, camera and rock stars. A week ago, a call came through from my work's parent company, "Feeding America," while I was stalking the aisles of the Dollar Store with the dude. They asked if we would be willing to host the band One Republic and crews from The Biggest Loser at our food bank. The band wanted to volunteer and tour the facility and the Biggest Loser wanted to shoot footage to air nationally in November. After 0.4 seconds of deliberation, I said "Yes. I'm pretty sure we'd welcome national television coverage and a chart topping band."
It all happened yesterday. They interviewed our CEO and shot the band packing boxes with a bunch of food bank staff. Other than insisting to myself that I needed to wear "cute shoes" and having torn up feet by the end of the day, it was a huge success:) The band was awesome and incredibly interested in what we do. They gave shout outs to us at their concert last night and encouraged everyone to give back to our community. The Biggest Loser will air November 17th, so check it out! You just might see the back of my head.






0 comments: