2.16.2011

Monster Trucks & Such



On Sunday, while Nana and I kept watch over Squirt and baby Landon, the Syers gang, Tim and Dude and Uncle Marky and Nolan went to none other than, the MONSTER TRUCK SHOW.  We've been talking this up for a week and Dude finally got his moment in the sun.  Away from baby Squirt, away from nagging and even got to skip his nap.  Quite a day for Dad and Dude.  They had a blast all together.  The kiddos were forced to wear headphone due to the monster noise.  He came home all riled up and had sweet dreams of trucks running over over trucks and crazy things of the like.   

Thank goodness for our little man's clown nature.  It keeps us laughing these days in the midst of chaos.  I wish I could freeze him for a while.  Below are some Dudeisms for the week. 
Dude's prayer at Qdoba..."Tank you for our food and our airport and Baby Sissy to come to our house and be with Daddy to feel better after da naughty stairs fell him."  (Yes, Tim did fall down the stairs a week ago.  It left a lasting impression on Duder.) 

Dude is dramatically trying to get my attention one night and my patience was less than stellar.  He says, "Mom, please stop saying "Ok, Rylan, Ok Rylan.  Over and over and over."

We're driving down a busy road and a man is out on the street wearing a statue of liberty outfit, holding a sign for a tax company.  Dude says, "Mom, did you see dat weird man in dat dress wearing super pointy hair?"

Dude is riding his tricycle down the sidewalk "super dooper fast" and I tell him that a police car is coming.  He violently throws his feet down and comes to an abrupt stop.  I ask him why he did that and he says, "Mom, I don't want to get a speed ticket like you."

 Looking down on the Monster action.

I would say that I was jealous to miss this festive occasion, but....I wasn't. 

1 comments:

Cara S. said...

Oh Gwen, you know you would have loved every second of the "jam." :) thanks for staying home to watch the babes!